Welcome to the blog for Innovative Water Solutions!
We are a design/build firm that specializes in water conservation technologies. The intent of this blog is to be a resource for people concerned about water and related topics. Since I am a civil engineer, I specifically want this blog to provide people a solid understanding of civil engineering and how civil engineering systems affect their daily lives. I really believe this is important especially as we move into a future where these systems will become hot topics in our communities due to water scarcity, infrastructure repair, and urban growth. In a recent study, about 77% of Americans could not accurately identify the natural source of the water used in their homes. This statistic may be appalling but we totally understand, life gets busy and people don’t have time to figure out how a wastewater treatment plant works. In addition, the civil engineering industry doesn’t make a good public relations effort.
Since Innovative Water Solutions specializes in the design and installation of rainwater harvesting systems, we want to bring focus to the practice of rainwater collection. Over the past few years, I have seen a huge increase in the number of “content farm” sites pop up and have posts about rainwater harvesting and other topics related to water conservation techniques. Most of these articles are just fluff pieces and don’t provide any benefit to its readers. This blog wants to combat the amazing amount of misinformation in these content farm articles.
The following are some of the various topics you will find in this blog:
- Civil infrastructure and particularly sustainable infrastructure
- Stormwater regulations and their differences across the US
- Rainwater harvesting including how-to’s and the science behind it
- Water conservation topics from agricultural irrigation and low-flow showerheads
- Embodied water and the secret shipping of water around the world
- Graywater reuse and how it can save our civilization
- Green building practices and how water plays into them
- Reclaimed water use: facts and myths
- And many other water topics
I hope that you enjoy our blog and we hope to provide you with a better understanding of water systems in our world and in our societies.