- Can be an economical storage solution for water
- Aesethically pleasing option especially for small urban properties
- Complete protection from any UV sunlight degradation over time
- Available in a wide variety of sizes and capacities
- Provides strength and durability for years of reliable performance
- Can be food grade, NSF approved for drinking water storage if a liner system is used inside the tank
- Galvanized metal tanks can be easy to move and install by hand due to their strength and lightness but care has to be taken not to dent the tank during installation.
- Tanks can dent easily so care has to be taken during installation of tank
- Manufacturing and distribution of galvanized metal tanks can be localized, meaning they may be difficult to find in your area or costly to ship from their manufacturing facilities
- Even though these tanks are galvanized, they can still rust. Keeping water from accumulating around the bottom of tank will help reduce rusting over time.
- Even though galvanized metal tanks come in a variety of sizes, they are set sizes so there are “gaps” in their product sizing which could cause issues of not being able to install as large of tank you want because the right sized tank is a size that is in the gap of the tank selection.
- If you desire a large rainwater storage volume, you would have to use multiple galvanized tanks which could end up wasting space. Think about a round peg going into a square or a rectangle.