Hays County Rainwater Harvesting Incentive Program
The Hays County Development Services department is offering an rainwater harvesting incentive program which provides the following:
- $100 fee reimbursement for new development permitted through Hays County Development Services
- Property Tax Reduction: Taxable value is reduced by the rainwater collection system construction costs. (Available from Hays County or other participating taxing entities.)
They want homeowners and business owners to make a smart choice to install rainwater harvesting systems to reduce the demand for treated water for potable and irrigation uses.
The qualification criteria is pretty straight-forward.
- Hays County application approval
- Minimum storage capacity: 2,500 gallons
- Annual application & approval for tax exemption (required by law) submitted to the Central Appraisal District
- Sunlight restrictive design (helps prevent algae growth)
- Insect proof